close
Car parking rate

Developers Propose $ 120 Million Alternative Vision for Block 800 in St. Pete • St Pete Catalyst


[ad_1]

Texas-based Trammell Crow Residential, one of the largest multi-family developers in the United States, is proposing to transform the city-owned 800 Block into a $ 120 million apartment complex.

The group submitted a proposal to the city of St. Petersburg as the city had to open the solicitation process for the property following an unsolicited offer from the Moffitt Cancer Center, as first reported by the Saint Pierre Catalyst. The group’s proposal is one of five new proposals submitted to the city vying for the site.

“We have been researching sites in St. Pete for the past two months. This is a complete block of land and when the advice was issued it sparked and sped up our process, ”said Seven Epps, vice president of development for the South East division.

“The big component of the project is the high percentage of housing for the workforce. Usually you would only see 10% of the workforce housing units in projects and that’s 30%, ”he said.

The development would have 120 workforce housing apartments. Apartments for those earning the median income in the area would represent 30% of units, and the remaining 70% would be 280 apartment units at market rate.

The presentation shows five floors of residential units ranging from studios (approximately 600 square feet) to one and two bedroom units, ranging from 750 square feet to 1,100 square feet.

Epps described the apartments as having a “sleek modern style” with quartz countertops in the kitchens, modern appliances, and vinyl floors. The complex would also provide residents with amenities such as a resort-style swimming pool, a pet spa, a “hammock garden” and electric car charging stations.

Unit prices were not included due to fluctuating market rates, Epps said.

The development would also include 11,000 square feet of retail space on the ground floor and a public / private parking garage.

The site map. The photo is provided by Trammell.

Although a parking garage is not required, TCR wants a parking element to complete the project.

TCR would use 2.51 acres of the site for development, which it said would allow the city of St. Petersburg to keep 2nd Ave. S. open to further development opportunities and to maintain the city’s network system.

“It will also be beneficial as Tropicana’s redevelopment plans progress, allowing future access directly to development,” the group wrote in its proposal.

This development would be the group’s first project in St. Pete. Epps said the goal is to shut down the site within the next 10 to 12 months with completion in mid-2023.

TCR is active in the Central Florida and Tampa market. Its properties include the Alexan Grove Apartments in Tampa and Alexan Winter Park, Alexan Crossroads and others in the Orlando area.

TCR works with the civil engineering firm Kimley-Horn from its office in St. Pete.

The group has several offices, with the Atlanta office looking after properties in Florida; however, the group may open an office in St. Pete to establish its roots.

Epps said the group is planning further developments in the Tampa Bay area.

In the unsolicited offer that Moffitt made

The Moffitt Cancer Center and a lead developer are interested in purchasing the site to create a cancer care facility, residential tower and a potential future building for St. Pete-based UPC, known as United Insurance Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ: UIHC).

The site map of the development group. Documents from the town of St. Pete.

The city received the group’s unsolicited $ 5 million offer several weeks ago and had to open the door to other prospects interested in the site.

The breakdown of the entire project:

  • 75,000-square-foot, three-storey outpatient cancer medical building
  • A 30-storey, 350-unit residential tower that will include a housing component for the workforce and at least 10% retail businesses on the ground floor
  • A parking garage with public access with a planned minimum of 500 parking spaces
  • A potential hotel development of 14 floors

A significant factor in the unsolicited proposal is Moffitt’s penetration into the downtown St. Pete market. This would allow residents of St. Pete to have a direct connection to Moffitt’s providers and services – an asset that is not otherwise available at the city’s current ambulatory care facilities, according to the offer letter.

Thursday in the Catalyst: for information on the other four proposals that have been submitted to the city. The city is seeing them again.

[ad_2]

Tags : parking spacessquare feetsquare footunited states
John Smith

The author John Smith